A. E. Housman (1859–1936). A Shropshire Lad. 189

XXXII.  

FROM far, from eve and morning 从遐远,从黄昏与清晓,

  And yon twelve-winded sky, 与十二风行的天上,

The stuff of life to knit me 往这厢吹拢来生之质

  Blew hither: here am I. 合成我,而我以降。

 

Now—for a breath I tarry 今我在呼吸间此淹留,      

  Nor yet disperse apart— 算犹未飞散分化,

Take my hand quick and tell me, 快执着我的手告诉我

  What have you in your heart.  你心头有什么话。

 

Speak now, and I will answer;  现在说,我可以回答你;

  How shall I help you, say;      要我怎样做,你分付; 

Ere to the wind’s twelve quarters  莫待我向天风十二方

  I take my endless way.  拾上我无穷的征路。


——【英】霍思曼:《西罗普郡少年》第32节 周煦良译

在E. M. 福斯特《看得见风景的房间》中,老艾默生先生引用了该篇开头四行,描述此时乔治所面临的人生和哲学困惑。


评论(1)
热度(3)

© Kiara | Powered by LOFTER